Second revised & extended edition
588 Seiten, gebunden, 2. Auflage 2023
Here is what has been added to this edition:
- More accurate and extensive annotations using ChessBase and Stockfish 14.
- Torre’s own annotations to several games have been unearthed and added.
- Added games to give a more rounded view of Torre. Also the six games between players other than Torre that he annotated for the Mexican Championship tournament book.
- Many more diagrams and photographs. Also more thumbnail bios of Torre’s opponents.
- More ancillary material about Torre’s life and career: newspaper articles, pictures, anecdotes, interesting facts, opinions, trivia etc.
- A 1927 interview with Torre, published in the Yucatán magazine Anahuac.
- Excerpts from 64 Variaciones Sobre un Tema de Torre by Germán de la Cruz.
- Columns and articles from newspapers in Torre’s home town of Mérida.
- “A Clash of Opposites,” comparing and contrasting Torre with the notorious Norman Tweed Whitaker.
- The full text of Torre’s 1926 booklet Development of Chess Ability.
- A review of Torre x Torre, a fascinating documentary film.
- A more extensive, more fully informed overall assessment of Torre as a player.